Wednesday, December 22, 2010

אורלי




Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.  ~Anthony J. D'Angelo

אורל. 

Orli. 

"I have light."

There is something so completely profound about those three simple words; for to be a bearer of light in this swiftly darkening world is the most beautiful of callings. 

It is not easy to be a light-bearer in this world of lies and deception. As young women, we are taught that our bodies must look a certain way, our attitudes must be conceited and promiscuous if we wish to gain any attention, and our clothing must be tight and revealing to even be worthy of a second glance. 

I, for one, am tired of the lies. 

This is the Truth:

I am beautiful when I dress out of respect for myself, for the men in my life, and for the King whose name I bear. 

I am strong when I stand against the lies the world spreads at my feet and behave in a manner deserving of the title of Daughter of the King. 

I am powerful when I display humility and a tender heart instead of seeking after my own selfish desires and goals.  

I am loved by the King of Kings, chosen by His own hand as His beloved Daughter. He loves me for who I am on the inside -- He sees my heart and knows I am beautiful. 

I am His. I am beautiful. I am strong. I am light.

I am Orli. 


But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. ~1 Peter 2:9


Blessings and love,
-Rachel <3
(Writer)

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, this post gave me CHILLS. You have a gift - keep using it. You have a gift - keep giving it. And you have light - keep sharing it. :)

    -Kylie :D

    ReplyDelete